Search this site
Junior College Football
Mississippi HS Home
Wednesday Practice Report
Posted Aug 12, 2009
The players were in shoulder pads and shorts today, and there was plenty of contact going on. Practice started with a bull in the ring drill after stretching. The offense had a much better day today, and the receivers really caught the ball well and got the best of the defensive backs.
Tig Barksdale - saw some time at safety towards the end of practice, although he didn't appear to have pads on and was asking a few questions.
- got burnt a bit by a few good passes in one on one drills, but covered well and picked a ball off when the ones went head to head.
- caught at least five passes that I saw today and held on to a nice catch after taking a big hit at the end of practice.
- had a pick-six late in practice.
- was out there a bit during 7 on 7. I didn't see him get tested, but he has a linebacker's frame, and that may be where he winds up.
- had a much better day. He used his body to create space and make some nice catches in traffic.
- looks good sometimes and pretty average others. He has the size, but he has to become more consistent.
- got around Sowell way too easily when the ones were going against each other.
- was still taking #2 snaps for the majority of the day.
- has been at Ole Miss for what feels like fifteen years. He knows the system and how to operate in it.
- ran a corner (Vaughn, I think) over towards the end of practice. It was probably the best collision of the day.
- had a couple of drops, but he looked pretty good in the one on one drills.
- broke off a really nice run towards the end of practice. He almost fumbled his next hand off, but that might have been because the QB's are still adjusting to his height.
- ran the ball hard today. He may be the guy that has a breakout year for Ole Miss.
- is practicing like he wants to play this year. He has a good combination of quickness and size.
- is still running hard, but may be realizing just how crowded our backfield is.
- covered Melvin Harris - who is at least 7 inches taller than him - up completely during the scrimmage.
- is clearly the best receiver we have not named
. He appears to have gotten a good bit faster since the end of last season.
- the Madison Central native had a few good catches today.
The offense got the best of the defense for the most part today. The receivers did well in the one on one drills, and the offense moved the ball pretty easily towards the end of practice. Terry Price got pretty upset during the 11 v. 11 portion and chewed the line out a few times. He definitely doesn't lack intensity. Austin was also very active today during one on one drills and pass skeleton. You can tell a lot of the players are ready to put on full pads Friday.
Rebels Practice Report
Aug 11, 2009
Rebels Practice Report 8-13
Aug 13, 2009
Wednesday Photo Gallery
Aug 19, 2009
2014 Scout.com Recruiting Yearbook
with an annual Total Access Pass
Free Email Newsletter
Don't miss any news or features from MissSportsTalk.com. Subscribe to our newsletter to have our newest articles emailed to you on a daily or weekly basis.
Click here for a
list of all Team Newsletters
Add Topics to My HotList
Get free email alerts with news about your favorite topics. Click link to add to
Football > Mississippi
View My HotList
Places to go:
Junior College Football
Things to do:
Things to buy:
Things to know:
Terms of Service
Advertise on MSN
About our ads
© 2013 Microsoft